Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Struggling to understand why I'm not losing weight, I begin to talk about it with my wife and myself about this situation. We conclude that my entire body must be full of toxins that have to be flushed out somehow and currently the organs that do the flushing might still be dealing with some incoming artillary fire. I've believed this since my first raw experience in 2004; my body cannot detoxify if it's still busy with the daily crap. So the toxins continue to be stored until the barrage of poison stops long enough to get the organs in good enough shape to their jobs.

Even small amounts might be blocking my progress. So I'm thinking this and I realize that I've lied to myself in saying that I'm 100% raw. I'm not. Coffee isn't raw. And neither is marijuana for that matter. Yeah I said it, marijuana is not raw. Not in the way I've been ingesting it. So much for this medical marijuana revolution taking place right now in Denver. (I don't think it's good for obbesity).

Bottom line: Until I stop consuming these toxins, my body won't detox.

It's frustrating being overweight in the first place and even more so when a tried and true method isn't working.

But I will not give up this time. I'll stop it with the coffee and the weed, fine. I'll get more sun and excersise harder. Whatever it takes, I've got to get this body back into shape.

Wish me luck. I'm still 242 lbs. This is gonna be a lot harder than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello.

i just read this post and i would love to offer something to help you with your journey. i was once at a stage where my consumption was really great but my weight was still staying on. its clear that you are consuming pure clean foods (being on a juice fast and all). one tool that really helped me continue my progress was cleaning my colon/small intestines out. colonics are really expensive and if you are juice feasting then flax crackers will probably be off your menu for awhile. but it is good to keep the elimination system clean... easiest way to lose the weight in tandem with clean eating. www.rawfoodworld.com Matt Monarch speaks a lot about cleaning of the colon and how it can really be the golden key to staying raw and seeing great results.

Anonymous said...

part II
but regarding Mr. Monarch's advice, while I agree sometimes daily/weekly/etc colonics are expensive and not "time" friendly. so what I did was research the different colon cleanses out there. for various reasons I went with the Healthforce nutritionals products, because their producer Jameth Sheridan has high standards of quality and a deep knowledge of the body - he knows what to put in it to get the results required. Anyways, he has a "Intestinal Drawing" formula which is great for absorbing the toxins that will be eliminated through your juice feast, and then he has an Intestinal Movement capsules that inspire the bowels to move -- this is in case you have had constipation issues in the past. and ps Dairy (cheese/ice cream) cravings relate to Tryptophan, which is found abundantly and in frozen edamame beans (the shelled kind is a better value, $3.00 for 16oz). be sure to go for Non GMO, the Whole Foods brand has good quality. hope all this helps, best regards for your success!

Man on the Raw said...

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll check out Matt's site. I've heard him speak a great deal about colon therapy and I think you're both right on. It could be a real boost to my elimination. All these toxins have got to get out somehow. I'll try the flax for now and try to work out some way to afford a colonic. Thanks again.