Sunday, March 14, 2010

Detox. After thirty days 100% raw, except for the coffee, my glands are swollen and my nose is running faster than Carl Lewis. My energy is fluctuating like the stock market on Fridays. I feel like I've been ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Not really that bad and I wouldn't last ten seconds with Tyson anyway.



But coincidentally, my wife, who's been juice feasting for 73 days, had the exact same symptoms at day thirty. No bull.



I work in an aged sports bar. We serve Mexican food, burgers, fries, steaks, and other grilled or fried fare. I'm lucky in that I work the line and cold table. That means I mainly stay out of the grease and smoke, but there are a lot of temptations right in my face. The most tempting of all is the shredded cheese. OMG I love cheese. I know I can live without it and I know it's bad for me but every time I make a taco or burrito and touch that cheddar, I want to stuff a handful of it in my mouth. But for some reason I'm able to stop myself. I am able to stop. Me, stop.

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Ah, cheese. I do understand the weakness. I'm still looking for that daiya vegan cheese. Have you tried that yet? I hear it's super yummy and acts like real cheddar. I hope I come across it soon. Good luck and stay strong! :)

Candice Davis said...

An early happy birthday to you! Here's to lots of Raw treats to celebrate the day! (And I feel your pain about the cheese. I'm dying to try the Dr. Cow nut cheeses, as soon as I can work it into my budget.)