Monday, February 8, 2010

Ever feel like work is just wasting your time?

I've been cooking for 26 years now and that's a long time. It wouldn't be so bad but as I've done other time wasting projects, I've actually gone backwards in the industry.

Could it really be true that things happen for a reason?

Maybe I'm hoping so as long as the reason justifies all this waste of time going from one crazy interest to another. For example, right now I'm building a cigar box guitar. It's very engaging and keeps my creative juices flowing but it's just another in a long line of dropped hobbies and half-baked business ventures. I'm sure my wife at the very least shares my frustration. She's probably sick and F-ing tired of it. God bless her. She's a saint.

This cooking job though is not paying much and there's no chance for advancement but it does allow me extra time to waste. And with that, I plan to waste it very thoroughly.

Make me raw food and I will eat it. That's my new motto. And please save me from this viscious appetite.

No comments: