Friday, February 19, 2010

Thank God I married the perfect woman

My wife is so great. She's (not) cooking through the Complete Book of Raw and keeps pushing all these great dishes on me. Because she's currently juice feasting, I've been getting to test it all and it's mostly delicious.

I've been back 100% raw now for 5 days and for some reason today I've been really hungry. Non-stop. It's hard no-doubt to stay away from the stove. Staring into the refrigerator, my mind drifts on about cheese quesadillas and beef tacos. I can eat a lot and keep eating. No wonder I'm so fat right now, killing myself with cooked food.

Would the cooked food be that bad in general if I was in better control? Not according to Nature's First Law. Yeah, I've been reading that book again. I find it a great inspiration when my mind is telling me it'll be okay to have nachos and beer. A reminder that "cooked food is poison".

And it does help tremendously that Terilynn is consuming raw too. She wants me to make her a tune for her website. Sounds like my next project. NPI

2 comments:

Terilynn said...

When are you going to post more words of wisdom?

Tracey said...

So funny I just read this post! Today is my 5th day raw (I've never done it before) and I was hungry all day! I've been craving whole wheat bread and hummus though! I am doing 30 days to try it out, but I am not being completely strict, so I guess not 100%, but more like 90%. It is a big change, but I really want to finish. It is refreshing to read about someone else who struggles with "normal" food. The rest of my family is eating as normal, so I am surrounded by stuff too! Fried chicken today and orange soy milkshakes. sigh. Maybe another spoonful of raw honey will settle me down! Thanks for sharing (I know your post was from earlier in the year, but I just found it through your wife's lovely blog).
Warmth, Tracey