Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mushroom


No it's not a real mushroom. It's a shell on a stick stuck in Irish Moss. I got this picture of it just in time because my son broke it. He's awesome like that. He'll be good for the economy when he grows up. Buy it and break it. I used to take the kids to the dollar store and let them get a toy but their toys would either not work at all or be broken within the hour. I used to buy lots of cheap toys for their birthdays and Christmas but I don't think I'll do that anymore. I now see the error of my ways. I see the waste as well as the disappointment. One good sturdy toy is going to last and never get lost at the bottom of the toybox. When it's real, it is worth something later. All this cheap stuff from China is bogging us down. Not only are we broke but also disappointed with the crap we have. I wish I could just throw all this crap away, but that would compaound the wastefulness and there's probably some kid at the thrift store to give it one more play before they throw it away.
"Whatever," Avery says.

No comments: