Thursday, February 10, 2011

Don't call me Mom, Mister

It's really tough being a dad. It's rewarding, I'm told. Eventually all this hard-ly appreciated work must culminate into something worthwhile. Like when your son plays in the superbowl and there you are in the stands, some goofy mom-, glitter-shirt. Yeah I said mom because somewhere in the past, when I was a kid, it was traditional for mom to be the mom. But now it's not uncommon for the dad to be the mom. It's okay with me but there are many times throughout the day that I wish I was at a job. A job with an adult boss would be perfect.

I have conspiracy theories.

Some of my theories are admittedly outrageous and even paranoid, but I'm driven by my inner-driver to concoct them anyway. For example: Television programmers are brain-branding our children and altering their behaviors thus causing them to act so badly that a parent would go out and work for the corporations who paid such television programmers to provide wrongful behavior modifiers for no more than the minimum wage.

I know people who work two jobs and pay the babysitter the total wages of the second job.

I now understand.

I empathize.

I apologize.

I owe my wife a lot more than that.

It's my turn to be the stay-home parent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a good mom uh I mean Man, Cory! Love ya, Laurey

Man on the Raw said...

Thanks. Some moms, like ours, make it look easy. I guess I'm finally starting to get a handle on it. But it goes without much appreciation.