Monday, January 11, 2010

If it ain working...

Since I was nine years old, I hung around kitchens with my mom and grandma, partly just to get a taste of what smelled so great. Started cooking a few dishes soon after and really got connected with Mom and with the foods I put into my body. Mom cooked beakfast and dinner everyday without fail. She was never sick or too tired, never forgot about drinks or a starch, veggie or protien. Burned the bread sometimes but we never went without iced tea.

Back then, what we were eating was considered to be a healthy, well-rounded meal. Maybe it's still considered healthy but I no longer buy into it. The only reason I changed my thinking about this is that when I ate like this, I gained weight and felt like crap.

Ever feel like food's produced like an addictive drug instead of being served-up as nutritive? Seems like the food industry has a bigger hold on us than even the pharmaceutical pimps. It's easier for them too because we don't look at the actual substance as being bad, but instead blame those who don't metabolize or who overeat.

I get fat easily unless I'm eating only raw foods. And raw foods don't seem to be addictive either. If I try to eat 80%, or mainly raw, within a couple of weeks, I notice that I'm eating mainly cooked.

The only way that I lose weight is all the way raw. It sucks sometimes and seems unfair but at least I know there is a way. I know it works from experience and I know what doesn't work.

No comments: