Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Blues

I forgot while grocery shopping the other day that I’m now, temporarily, alone. Well I didn’t really forget but maybe out of habit, I overbought. And in one case it was to the tune of five pounds of blueberries. That’s a lot of blueberries and there I was stuck with finding out what to do with them. I ate some, made a fruit salad and a smoothie and still had most of the box left so I decided to make a Blueberry Cobbler. Usually Teri prepares all the raw dishes and I must admit I’ve become spoiled being her taste tester. Yes, it has been nice, but I’m no slouch when it comes to cooking, so I gave it a shot, and… OMG, it came out so good. I fed it to some people at the bar and they had no idea they were eating raw and healthy food. Being that it turned out so delicious, I have to record the recipe for posterity.



Filling:

4 Cups Blueberries, whole
Set these aside for later.

1 Cup Blueberries with water to cover
1 Tbsp Chia seeds soaked for about five minutes
¼ Cup Coconut oil, liquefied
¼ Cup Honey

Blend these ingredients well and pour over the whole blueberries. Dehydrate for an hour to soften the berries and marry the flavors.
Then chill it in the fridge while you make the crunchy stuff.

Crunchy Stuff:

1 Cup Walnuts
1 Cup Dates, medjools are best
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
A little Agave to taste

Put these in a processor until you have a rough texture. You might have to add a little more agave to get a good clump. When the processor starts thumping across the counter, you got it right.Put the crunchy stuff on top of the filling and put it back into the dehydrator for 5 hours. It is finished, as God would say.

No comments: